Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Motivation

It's ovulation week around here, and of course Bobby is a giant mass of phlegm and germs. The big day isn't until this weekend, so HOPEFULLY he can recover soon. But we normally have to do the every-other-day sex since our timing always seems to suck.

So right now we're doing the really steamy "we need to do this, but don't kiss me, I don't want to get sick" sex. He wasn't pleased when I suggested he wear a surgical mask. I tried to play it off like some kind of role playing. But he didn't go for "sexy scrubbed-up surgeon who can't open his mouth, breathe on me, or infect me in any way." I mean, who wouldn't be into that sort of thing?!

I think it's safe to say I don't have a good feeling about this cycle. Which is pretty meaningless, considering I felt REALLY good about last cycle, and we all know how that turned out.

So...plan B for what I need to do this month: It's warming up here, so I really need to get outside and start running. I haven't stepped on a scale in months because I'm terrified of what it would read. When they take my weight at the doctor's office, it automatically displays in kilograms. Then the nurse asks me if I want to know the conversion into pounds. The last few times I have declined. I have no interest in knowing the number (and since I'm dumb, I have no idea the kilograms/pounds conversion). I already know that my clothes aren't fitting well around my middle. My knees have much more pain from the extra weight. My calves have lost their definition, my arms jiggle, and my face has filled out.

It's time to run off some of the extra inches, as well as the the frustration. It's sunny today, and if I can avoid drowning in the puddles from the snow melt, I should be able to get in a good run tonight. I'm still having trouble sleeping at night, and I know a huge part of that is because I'm lacking exercise. I need to start lifting in the mornings, but my motivation evades me.

So...motivate me please. What keeps you motivated to exercise? What healthy recipes should I try? What's a "must have" on your workout playlist? How do I let go of this cycle and let my poor husband get healthy before demanding sexual favors?

5 comments:

  1. The thing that motivates me most is to just get working out done first thing in the a.m. Then, there are no excuses or things that pop up later in the day to deter. Plus, exercising in the p.m. does actually wake you up more...If you're already having trouble sleeping, just something to consider.

    I totally feel for you with DH being sick. GL in that department! Watch it work this month just because you have sickness going against DH. Love the surgeon role play idea too. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I always feel way better after working out in the mornings--but I have a really hard time dragging myself out of bed. After work, I'm at least functioning and have less excuse. Maybe I'll try mornings again - thanks!

      Delete
  2. This is hilarious, the mask thing is too funny!! I agree with you and feel the same way on all the weight issues and I just can't seem to get motivated. I try to start eating better each week but it never works out so this week I am trying again :) I guess all we can do is keep trying or get so fed up with the weight gain that it forces us to get in gear! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food is the worst for me. I'd rather work out for 8 hours a day than give up my pasta, donuts, and pizza. But you're right, every week it's let's try this again!

      Delete
  3. Letting go of the laziness and getting back into exercise is ALWAYS hard at first. Running the first couple times after taking an extended break is pure torture for me. BUT...once I get going and have done it a few times, it starts to get easier and I crave the feeling it gives me. You just FEEL so much better. But getting moving in the first place is the hardest. I just went running (okay run/walking) for the first time today since last May!

    ReplyDelete